Transient Cyber Asset [TCA]
A Cyber Asset that is:
1. capable of transmitting or transferring executable code,
2. not included in a BES Cyber System,
3. not a Protected Cyber Asset (PCA) associated with high or medium impact BES Cyber Systems, and
4. directly connected (e.g., using Ethernet, serial, Universal Serial Bus, or wireless including near field or Bluetooth communication) for 30 consecutive calendar days or less to a:
• BES Cyber Asset,
• network within an Electronic Security Perimeter (ESP) containing high or medium impact BES Cyber
• PCA associated with high or medium impact BES Cyber Systems.
Examples of Transient Cyber Assets include, but are not limited to, Cyber Assets used for data transfer, vulnerability assessment, maintenance, or troubleshooting purposes.