Protection System Maintenance Program (PRC-005-6) [PSMP]
An ongoing program by which Protection System, Automatic Reclosing, and Sudden Pressure Relaying Components are kept in working order and proper operation of malfunctioning Components is restored. A maintenance program for a specific Component includes one or more of the following activities:
• Verify — Determine that the Component is functioning correctly.
• Monitor — Observe the routine in-service operation of the Component.
• Test — Apply signals to a Component to observe functional performance or output behavior,
or to diagnose problems.
• Inspect — Examine for signs of Component failure, reduced performance or degradation.
• Calibrate — Adjust the operating threshold or measurement accuracy of a measuring
element to meet the intended performance requirement.