The Resource and Demand Balancing (BAL) body of standards address the role of entities (primarily the Balancing Authority) in ensuring proper balancing of load, generation, and interchange.
- BAL-001-2 – Real Power Balancing Control Performance
- BAL-001-TRE-1: Primary Frequency Response in the ERCOT Region
- BAL-002-3: Disturbance Control Standard – Contingency Reserve for Recovery from a Balancing Contingency Even
- BAL-003-1.1 – Frequency Response and Frequency Bias Setting
- BAL-004-WECC-3: Automatic Time Error Correction
- BAL-005-1: Balancing Authority Control
- BAL-502-RF-03: Planning Resource Adequacy Analysis, Assessment and Documentation